Re: On what OLAP can and what OLAP can't

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2006 03:24:42 -0700

pamelaflue..._at_libero.it wrote:
> > Before I invest the time and effort at trying to summarize and explain the
> > benefits of star schema design, I want to have some inkling about whether
> > it's a waste of time.
>
> Hi David,
>
> nice.
> If you still wish to provide it, I'd like to hear that explanation. I
> need to fill up my infinite ignorance :)
>

> PS
> Hey Bob, oops Christofer, why do you need multiple personalities to
> reinforce
> your statements. Do you really think that is a winning technique? You
> look desperate.
Here we go with low level psychology. A cheap trick..Even if BB has lots of flaws, he makes valid points sometime. His bashing of your ignorance was rightful. You are an ignorant who does not have the intellectual honesty to admit it.

> The problem is that the multiple personalities you use are practically
> a clone
> of the same. And that one is somehow strongly detached from *real*
> world of dbms(es)
> and data analysis.
Some new BS...Yeah yeah we've heard that before..This is not real word bullshit...

> Do you really think this is a way to increase your sales? You really
> assume the people
> here are so dumb it's not clear to anyone what you are doing?
Increasing sales is in no way an effective manner to guarantee your activity makes profits...A recent study over 250 data warehouses established that 70% of costs were generated by poor design. If that's too theorical and not enough relaword for you, that just means you are an idiot.

> I am new here and it took me less then 3 of your postings to get the
> whole picture.
It takes less than that to find out how ignorant you are.

> I am not particularly smart, as you kindly pointed out. So imagine a
> smart person ...
Not only you are not smart but worst of all, you are a self aggrandizing ignorant (God I hate to use BB's terminology)...You pride yourself in being ignorant instead of educating yourself...

> Or do you aim to have a readership of flat idiots like me that says ohh
> this stuff is
> really hard. I cannot even get a tenth of it, after rereading it 10
> times, oohh
Some people have tried to point out to you sources and advises to help you educate yourself. You are stuck on your ignorance. You even pride yourself in it and do cheap victimization techniques because you can not bring any substantiative argument to make a point. And because people on this NG do not buy your bullshit...

> Uau this guy is really smart (hmmm, I wish I had his penis).

> Do you not sincerely think that a more serious attitude would be
> successful in the
> long run, even for sales?
So the sales word is the solution to all your problems. I begin to believe that your mentally impaired...

> Ready for all kind of insults. They will go in the time black hole...
We do not insult people. Pointing out their stupidity is sufficient. Again the dawn technique of self victimization. Received on Fri Sep 08 2006 - 12:24:42 CEST

Original text of this message