Re: cdt glossary [Function] (was: Terminology question)

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2006 05:16:23 -0700

> > Subjectivity and limited scope context does NOT redefine mathematical
> > concepts. It is actually the characteristics of mathematical empirical
> > sound reasonning to be objective and context independent. If you try
> > to define such concepts according to context then you are setting
> > limited scope reasonning which in most cases can be applied in one and
> > only one concept.
>
> I agree with the above. I am not talking of "define such concepts
> according to context ".
> I am talking to make clear the scope of the definition.
So you are contradicting yourself. On one hand, you state that definition of abstract concepts is made by context, then you state that you agree with the precise opposite.

I have wasted time reading some of the stupid pointers you indicated. NONE of them is directy related to relational algebra to data management. Until proven otherwise, they are all irrelevant and off topic to reasonning in relational modeling. RM is a direct application of Set theory not probabilistic math or Measure theory...But because you have heard a bit in discussion about such concepts, you try to brag about it but in fact you are doing nothing but making a foll out of yourself...

> > Reading the definition of random variable you provided, it seems clear
> > to me that random variables have pretty much nothing to do with
> > relations as they have been defined in the past 30 years.
>
> A rv is a function. This is by definition. It's a lost war.
I have NOT stated that rv is or is not a function. The argument is not here. I do not give a damn getting in a war with an ignorant.

> You would
> > spend better your time educating yourself on the subject by reading
> > some knowledgeable about the subject of relations instead of trying to
> > redefine concepts that are sound and that regulate the field of data
> > management more than ever . That way you would avoid getting bashed by
> > people like BB or one of his barking dogs... Here are a few pointers
> > that may help...
>
> You are sounding offensive because you are suggestion I have not done
> so, which you evidently cannot know. This does not hurt me anyway
> because I do not need recognition by everybody I meet.
It is obvious you have no education in the field of RM and set theory else you would not be dumping so much nonsense on totally off topic theories without anything to back it up. It is funny that *recognition* comes as a prime motivator for educating yourself...

So now I am sounding offensive because I encourage you to become more knowledgeable about the field you wish to pronounce yourself onto.

> Also why are you addressing Bob as a barking dog? He may have his
> reason to behave like that. I do not blaim him for his continuous
> insults.
I stated BB and his barking dogs in the sense that they bark at people right away and bash people right away while making some serious mistakes in what they advance. However, compared to your abysmal and unassumed ignorance *Barking dog* is rather a compliment...In a word do not try to divert attention on an off topic subject because several people on this thread have pointed out to you your ignorance.

> After all this is a relatively unarmful way to get rid of our own life
> frustations
The only frustration I have in my life is meeting ignorants like you who stick to their ignorance instead of admitting it and doing something about it...

> (papers not published, awards not achieved, sentimental failure, not
> keeping
> up with science and tech advances ...).
You are clearly delluding yourself. Projecting your own imagination or frustrations on me won't help. Doing cheap bar psychology won't help either. You will remain ignorant about data management unless you do something about it.

> > http://www.dbdebunk.com/books.html
> > Introduction to database systems
>
> Please reference only free sources. I believe that for this kind of
> things
> Internet, while it can contain errors, as textbooks do, is the most
> uptodate
> source. Often (not always) people who write books do that to teach and
> make clear concept to themselves...
It's funny how ignorant people ALWAYS expect everything is due to them in terms of education. They don't mind paying money on a snake oil salesman selling them training on a specific product that won't work but they do not want' to invest a dime onto education. The material provided is rare and quality and unanimously recognized as references by knowdedgeable audiences on the NG. If you are not convinced get back to "Learn Databases in 24 hours"...

Besides, if you consider that CJ DATE and Fabian PASCAL make materials for themselves while these guys have spent nothing less than 30 years of their life dedicated to the subject that just shows how ignorant you are.

If you believe you don't need to read to have some basic knowledge about data management concepts that just means you refuse educating yourself and prefer cookbook approach to education. In which case (I hate to admit that) BB was right to bash you at first...

> Take it easy: life is short :)
An additional reason for not filling it with meaningless crappola. ;) Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 14:16:23 CEST

Original text of this message