Re: integer id columns for all tables

From: Matthias Klaey <mpky_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:19:14 +0200

Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Matthias Klaey wrote:
>
>> Alexandr Savinov <spam_at_conceptoriented.com> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>>Its main advantage is that it more or less successfully
>>>separates identification means (primary key in RM) from what is going to
>>>be identified.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>>for separating two concerns:
>>>
>>>- object semantic characterisation (entity modeling) and
>>>- object identification means (identity modeling).
>>

>> could you please give an example of what you mean by these two
>> concerns? or perhaps a reference to a definition and/or to a textbook?
>> i have never heard of this before, so i am very curious
>
>Savinov has long ago demonstrated that he is a complete moron. You can
>safely ignore him.

ok thanks for the information bob. i was trying to bait him, because what he writes seems to me to be basically damp and stale air. i tried to do this in the interest of the OP who gets some diametrically opposed answers and not much means to differentiate between them. with kind regards, matthias kläy Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 01:19:14 CEST

Original text of this message