Re: Table driven mail merge

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:43:11 GMT

Emily Jones wrote:
> "Frank Hamersley" <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message

>> Emily Jones wrote:
>>> The client runs a training organisation. They have a large amount of
>>> corresondence to send. Contents of the correspondence vary, and
>>> increasingly so, according to type of course, type of buyer, type of job
>>> student has etc.
>>>
>>> I'm attempting to move away from lots of different queries driving lots
>>> of different Word templates to a completely table driven approach.
>> Why don't you suck it and see?  If you get an 'F' you picked the wrong
>> option I guess!

> Very useful, thanks.

No problem!

> As you can see, that's exactly what I'm doing. But before I spend 100s of
> hours implementing a sub optimal approach I thought I'd ask.
>
> If you can't be bothered to read the problem, think about it and make a
> useful comment, why bother replying atall?

Because if its "homework" - then do it yourself; or if its "commercial" - then do it yourself (or get out your cheque book)!

This is a theory NG and whilst BB will quickly lambast design question/answers on the thinness of the expressed requirements, posting a lump of DML and saying "is this good?" will prolly fly less distance than you can spit (most days).

Cheers, Frank. Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 23:43:11 CEST

Original text of this message