Re: Table driven mail merge

From: Emily Jones <emilyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 06:31:46 +0100

"Frank Hamersley" <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:W4wBg.7856$rP1.7187_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Emily Jones wrote:
>> The client runs a training organisation. They have a large amount of
>> corresondence to send. Contents of the correspondence vary, and
>> increasingly so, according to type of course, type of buyer, type of job
>> student has etc.
>>
>> I'm attempting to move away from lots of different queries driving lots
>> of different Word templates to a completely table driven approach.
>
> Why don't you suck it and see? If you get an 'F' you picked the wrong
> option I guess!

Very useful, thanks.

As you can see, that's exactly what I'm doing. But before I spend 100s of hours implementing a sub optimal approach I thought I'd ask.

If you can't be bothered to read the problem, think about it and make a useful comment, why bother replying atall?

Emily Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 07:31:46 CEST

Original text of this message