Re: Resiliency To New Data Requirements

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2006 17:08:28 -0700

Neo wrote:
> > [Neo] has seized upon a number of ideas ... for some particular, unspecified task.
>
> That task has been to find the most general method of representing
> things.

Answering that question is easy. The most general method of representing things is to use bits.

All that remains is the matter of filling in the details. Some of the first details that should be filled in would be a specification of what exactly "generality" means with regards to "representing" "things." Until there *is* such a specification, I assert that the particular task you are trying to solve is unspecified.

Marshall Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 02:08:28 CEST

Original text of this message