Re: ER Diagram Help

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:13:09 GMT

maccessgirl_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I posted a yesterday about help for a database I am working on. Well I
> sat down and came up with some entities and attributes based on my
> wishes and came up with the below. I'm going to list the criteria again

I won't try to answer your question directly, but having adopted a few pets, I'll offer some free advice because I love this kind of application, even if you're in it for profit. If you have a local Humane Society or animal shelter or SPCA, go pester them and ask what their biggest problems are. Otherwise, find some vets (more than one) and pester them (if you're in it for profit, you may discover some potential customers. BTW, M$Access, if I catch your moniker right, might be all you need).

Really, I'd say you are talking about requirements and from my experience, nailing the biggest ones down first is absolutely the most important thing you can do. Big systems or small, I've heard it said and found it out myself that the the biggest cost of many systems is undoing misunderstood requirements or refining the system without knowing what the requirements were in the first place. A list of attributes does not usually tell anybody, including oneself, what the requirements are.

Just my three cents.

p Received on Sun Jul 30 2006 - 00:13:09 CEST

Original text of this message