ER Diagram Help

From: <maccessgirl_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2006 21:49:59 -0700

Greetings,

I posted a yesterday about help for a database I am working on. Well I sat down and came up with some entities and attributes based on my wishes and came up with the below. I'm going to list the criteria again

Here is the situation. I need to create a animal shelter database on the following criteria.

· Track those who adopt pets from shelter so that "thank you
" letters can be sent

· Track how many pets are adopted during any period of time,
such as by month or year

· Track how many animals are adopted by the same family. The
shelter only allows adoption if three months have passed from any previous adoption

· Manage and remind for vaccinations, surgery and medical
treatments

· Store owners desired criteria and automatically be notified
when suitable animals arrive

Here are the entities that I have come up with: Pets
ID
Breed
Type
DOB
Gender
Color
Adoption Date

Family
Name
ID
Customer Type (Individual, Store, Institution) Street
City
State
Zip Code
Date of Adoption
1 or more pets

Desired Criteria
Animal
Age
Gender
Color
Current Vaccinations
Neutered/ Sprayed

Medical Information
Vaccination ID
Surgery ID
Medical Treatment ID
Name
Date

This is what I cam up with. Please critique and correct me to the hilt on what I did wrong. Something tells me that I have a lot of redundancy.

Also, What would be the primary key... foreign key. Would someone please explain to me the relationships the see in this situation

Thanks in advance,
MACCESSGIRL Received on Sat Jul 29 2006 - 06:49:59 CEST

Original text of this message