Re: MVCC implementation

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredono_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2006 15:00:38 -0700

Marshall ha escrito:

> Am I correct in regarding MVCC as pretty much the state of the art
> for relational implementation?

I think you are.

> (I know we hear things about TRM
> but until there's more published it doesn't seem evaluable.)

MVCC is orthogonal to TRM and other things.

> Are there any difficulties associated with MVCC implementations
> supporting nested transactions?

No, it is the contrary. Nested transactions are easier to implement if you already have multiversion control.

> Any good references for reading about MVCC implementation?

This is one of the most popular books:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1558605088/ref=pd_bxgy_text_b/103-3734777-4994221?ie=UTF8

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Fri Jul 21 2006 - 17:00:38 CDT