Re: OO versus RDB

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:46:38 GMT

topmind wrote:

>>[topmind's answer to a different question and his uninteresting
>>challenge snipped]

> I appears almost as if you are quoting me. For the record, none of what
> you quoted is mine (that I can tell).

Correct. I twit-filtered the person you replied to. I noted you answered a question other than the one asked, and I answered the question asked.

> As far as whether relational qualifies as a paradigm, I don't find such
> definition battles to be very useful, other than perhaps revealing how
> somebody percieves the world. "Paradigm" is not precise enough of a
> term to lose sleep over.

The difference between precision and imprecision, on the other hand, is vitally important to our field.

   I care more about whether something is
> useful, not what it is classified as.

When it comes to thinking, which is a singular requirement for applied mathematics, imprecision is not only useless but very damaging. Received on Wed Jun 28 2006 - 12:46:38 CEST

Original text of this message