Re: dual graph

From: Chris Smith <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:01:58 -0600

Marshall <> wrote:
> I would have thought that to call an acyclic graph a tree, it would
> have to have a distinguished node. Yes? No? My answer to
> David's question would have been "acyclic." But again: not my field.

In graph theory, no, a tree need not have any specific root node. At least, I've never seen anyone in graph theory define a tree with a distinguished root node. It's not really my field, either... more of a casual interest.

Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer / Technical Trainer
MindIQ Corporation