Re: What databases have taught me

From: erk <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 07:36:01 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:
> Model Driven Architecture, eh? What a load of horseshit.

Bob, you do have an amazing knack for entertainingly concise declarations of contempt for nonsense. MDA is indeed snake oil, to invent a "new" market (more $ that way) to hide with as much expense as possible the obvious need for logically sound, non-imperative languages.

In a rational world, we'd simply say we needed higher-level languages. Instead, we get a shiny MDA troika hitched to a blind, reeking mule [hence sterile, as no good can come of it] named UML and the tick on its hide, OCL (Object Constraint Language). All crap, amply argued elsewhere, but especially constructively here: http://people.csail.mit.edu/dnj/publications/omg.pdf.