Re: Definition of Navigational (was: The wisdom of the object mentors)

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jun 2006 12:24:03 -0700

> The court-house example? I didn't agree it was too messy for RDBS:

Then I probably misunderstood. If someone would like to post the SQL script to model the data shown in
www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex012.asp , I think I could demonstrate that swampish data structures (aka networks/graphs) are easier to "navigate" with dbd's queries than with RM.

> http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?CourtRoomSchemaExample

I don't think this schema can hold the data in the above example, but if someone could post the script to do so, I would like to see it. In particular, note that persons can be located in a building, on a floor of a building, in a room of a floor of building, etc. Received on Fri Jun 23 2006 - 14:24:03 CDT