Re: Named Mistakes and Questionable Practices

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:46:07 GMT

paul c wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:

Oh, another thing - sometimes one item on such a list, say the one about generated keys, is promoted by so-called db or rm experts and the naive user concludes that the other items are also db or rm requirements, which they are not.

For example, while I think it is okay to carry around a mental checklist of possible bad things to look for, if only to prompt critical inspection of a system or design, I think it is really irresponsible to mention them in a book about SQL!

p Received on Mon Jun 12 2006 - 19:46:07 CDT