Re: Programming is the Engineering Discipline of the Science that is Mathematics

From: Pickie <keith.johnson_at_datacom.co.nz>
Date: 12 Jun 2006 14:10:44 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:
<BIG SNIP>
> Just as relativity depends on the speed of a frame of reference relative
> to the speed of light whereas classical mechanics does not but only
> really holds in some limit of that speed, and just as the cosine law
> depends on the angle between two sides of a triangle whereas the
> pythagorean theorm applies only at one specific angle.
<BIG SNIP>

A couple of minor points.

I thought that it wasn't possible to have a "speed of a frame of reference relative to the speed of light" as the speed of light is the same to every observer.

While I know the triangle arguement is retricted to Euclidean geometry, in the 'real world' we are on the surface of a sphere (roughly). The length of your sides must be small enough that you can _assume_ you are in a euclidean space. Received on Mon Jun 12 2006 - 23:10:44 CEST

Original text of this message