From: bruno at modulix <onurb_at_xiludom.gro>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:41:51 +0200

Marshall wrote:
> bruno at modulix wrote:

This required an answer, so...

>>Had you paid any attention to what I
>>wrote, you would have understand that you're actually talking about some
>>other (existing or fantasmatic) person - but not about me.

> In colloquial English, the indefinite pronoun "one" has almost entirely
> been replaced by the definite pronoun "you", even for use with an
> indefinite person. So much so that when one uses "one" one appears
> somewhat stuffy. When I said "you" in most of what you quoted,
> I meant exactly "some other (existing or fantasmatic) person"
> and not bruno at modulix.
>

> Marshall

Ok, this is something I didn't know. This is somewhat misleading IMHO - so please pardon my confusion here, and anything offensive I said based on my misunderstanding.

And thanks for having made this clearer.

Regards,

--
bruno desthuilliers
python -c "print '_at_'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for