From: Erwin <e.smout_at_myonline.be>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 06:29:09 -0700

Kenneth Downs wrote:
> Erwin wrote:
>
> >> But I won't be discussing it with Bob because he plonked me on my first
> >> post after returning from a haitus.
> >
> > What is "plonking someone" ?
>
> You program your newsreader to make their posts invisible. Bob doesn't see
> what I write unless somebody he has not filtered responds to me and quotes
> the text. I share that distinction with at least 50% of the regular
> posters to the group, perhaps at this point even more.

Aha, so he programs his c.d.t. so that the only kind of talk he gets to see is the talk that he can reasonably expect (based on the identity of the poster) to be conforming to his own opinions.

Doesn't that strike you as a prime symptom of closedmindedness ? It does to me. Received on Wed Jun 07 2006 - 15:29:09 CEST

Original text of this message