Re: A better SQL implementation?

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:06:05 +0100

"Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1149688712.592490.164980_at_y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Below is a link to a friend's website who developped his own
> implementation of SQL considering that all current SQL implementations
> are unefficient. [snip]

Great. I look forward to a treatise on "How to Apply Cosmetics to a Pig" too.

> As an indicative annotation, he was a part of the developping team that
> worked on System-R.

So he would probably know that even at the time there was considerable agitation among the theorists about using SQL for an allegedly relational database system? Yet his view would appear still to be that it was just the engine that wasn't quite right.

Roy Received on Wed Jun 07 2006 - 09:06:05 CDT