Re: Searching OO Associations with RDBMS Persistence Models

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2006 03:29:31 -0700

I do not quite understand the following sentencesR Martin used...

"They were semantic elements that had identity" then..
"but they weren't database entities, and so the concept of "key" was superfluous"

How did you define *identity* on these semantic elements without a key? What other mechanism of identification have you used to coherently identify these semantic elements? Do you suppose they is a need to distinguish them or not?

Just curious.