Re: Possible bridges between OO programming proponents and relational model

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 23:14:50 GMT

Cimode wrote:

> J M Davitt wrote:
>

>>Cimode wrote:
>>
>>><< When you snip as much as you do, it is harder for me to
>>> have a dialog.>>
>>>Communication through forums is not easy I convene.  I am not
>>>accustomed to exchanges and jargons through NG.
>>>
>>>I do not know what *snipping* exactly means.  I have however been very
>>>clear into clarifying my position whether on a logical and physical
>>>layer.  The fact of simultaneously considering both into argumentation
>>>does not mean I confuse them as you tend to imply.
>>
>>Sniping too much: eliding too much of what others wrote when
>>responding to their posts.  Context is lost, confusion results.
>>
>>By the way: what ever quoting style that is, it is hard to read.
>>
>>[snip]

> <<Sniping too much: eliding too much of what others wrote when
> responding to their posts. Context is lost, confusion results. >>Thank
> you for this guidance. I tend to quote people sequentially in what
> they say and respond to them. I will try to better.

Cimode, you use a style of quoting that doesn't work very well. Everyone else uses the indented style with the list of who wrote which level of indentation at the top with matching indentation.

You remove almost all context when you <<quote some tiny part>> without indicating who you are quoting, what came before or what came after. Received on Sun Jun 04 2006 - 01:14:50 CEST

Original text of this message