From: phlip <phlip2005_at_gEEEmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:49:51 GMT

frebe73 wrote:

> But the big question that you repeatedly refuses to answer is why you
> possibly want to change from Oracle to flat files?

Because keeping such a change easy to do, regardless whether you actually change, has overwhelming benefits during development. It's nothing less than the difference between cruft and elegance.

(And don't swap the whole thing from Oracle to flat files, or back, all at once! Go a couple of tables at a time!)

Marshall wrote:

> I have said quite a number of times that a dbms is not
> a kind of persistence engine. So far only one person
> on this thread has shown any signs of having read
> and understood that I said that. Phlip, I note that your
> parenthetical remark above suggests that you think we
> all think that a dbms is about persistence.

I have repeatedly stated that behavioral logic developed into a database should stay there - behind an interface.

You may read any suggestion you like into my remarks, however...

--
  Phlip