From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 12:12:38 -0700

CMCC wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
> >
> > The reason why you see crap like this is because it is being
> > written by application developers.
>
> As an application developer I don't recognize myself in it.

Ah .... I stand corrected. IF a person is an application developer, and knows nothing more than application development, and moves into the field of data management, and doesn't recognize it as a distinct field and/or simply chooses to treat this new field in exactly the same way as the previous one, THEN you get what I'm describing. That's considerably more qualified that what I originally wrote; please excuse my lack of precision.

> > And, if they do so, it would be poetic justice if the
> > programmers being born today trash all their work
> > in favor of some new fad.
>
> I try to hope the next generation wil get it right, but
> i think a new fads will replace the ones we have now.

I too have some hope, but not necessarily expectation.

> I'm waiting for Dynamic Hyperoriented XML (or.. is it alrady here?)

Ha!

> (I was not ignoring you... i think we simply agree)

It appears so.

Marshall Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 21:12:38 CEST

Original text of this message