Re: OT Bull-fight avoidance

From: Keith H Duggar <duggar_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 28 May 2006 18:05:41 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:
> Keith H Duggar wrote:
> > mAsterdam wrote:
> > > I have recently refrained from asking questions
> > > revealing ignorance because of anticipated reactions
> > > here ...
> >
> > If so you could create an alternate google account (I
> > would go for "y" to match up with "x") and post
> > questions using that account. Perhaps you will discover
> > good treatment and relax enough to post questions from
> > you main account.
>
> Keith, don't encourage her!!! She pollutes the newsgroup
> enough with one email address!

Hehe, sorry. I was actually suggesting that to mAsterdam. I don't think DW hesitates to post. Especially considering she is the 3rd most frequent poster this month and the 6th most frequent of all time and she has only been posting for about 4 years out of the 14 the group is archived.

> Theory for domain support is not off-topic. Theory that
> supports implementation is not off-topic. Computational
> complexity theory is not off-topic. Reiterating alternate
> allocators and iterators for the standard template
> library would be off-topic. In that case, the appropriate
> response is UTSL.

Ok understood, makes sense considering the .theory. And in that case what I had in mind is definitely off-topic.

Thanks.

  • Keith --