Re: Relation or attribute and why

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2006 15:44:15 -0700

Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On 23 May 2006 13:44:29 -0700, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >In my example, the conceptual data model includes: name, firstName,
> >lastName with relationships such that name has-a firstName and name
> >has-a lastName.
>
> That is part of the logical model. The conceptual model is the
> business statement.

The identification of name, lastName, firstName and the relationships among these terms is not part of the business scope and definition, the conceptual data model? What would the CDM include related to these terms? I put everything that is conceptual and not directed to a particular implementation model (such as the RM) in the CDM. Where do you draw the (possibly fuzzy) line? --dawn Received on Wed May 24 2006 - 00:44:15 CEST

Original text of this message