From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 03:08:14 +0200

vc wrote:
> Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> [...]

>>>That is correct,  but the union axiom has a clear and intuitive
>>>constructive interpretation that the powerset axiom lacks.
>>
>>It has a quite intuitive interpretation when sets are finite.

> Go ahead and provide one in the first-order language.
>
> [...]

Hmmmm. I wanted to butt in but I can't without re-reading all of the previous posts - could we please please please make some effort to decently quote?

vc: intuition and FOL don't get together well - please don't ask stupid questions. You can do better.

>>. What about (a, b, c, d ) <--> { a, b, c, d } ?

> What about it ?

list-to-set, list-equality vs. set equality. Can we get on please?

>>I don't care about construction of a set, if I can denote the set.

> If you do not care about constructing a structure, how do you intend
> to use something that you have not constructed in any programming
> language ?
>

>>Example:
>>1.3 of R.

> And this shows what exactly ?

That we mean 1.3 as a member of the set R. Did you really not get thet?

>>Interval numbers are not approximations, they are estimations.

> Could you elaborate ?

Moody?

>>pi is also
>>not an approximation, it is pi. I am free to choose a representation where
>>pi were exact.

> I'd be curious to see such representation.

Pi.

[snip quasi interested BS] Received on Sun May 07 2006 - 03:08:14 CEST

Original text of this message