From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 06:40:21 GMT

Alvin Ryder wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>>Alvin Ryder wrote:

>>>I'm sure the reasons you have provided hold true in some cases but the
>>>RM has been extended in various fields because it has well acknowledged
>>>weakness. For example it isn't good at representing geographical or
>>>spatial data.
>>
>>See? That's just plain simple ignorance. Ignorant misconceptions are not
>>valid arguments.

> No, I'm not the ignorant one.

With all due respect, you are. An you continue to spout ignorant horseshit without anything even beginning to resemble substantive support for what you spout.

>>>With the RM it's easy to say "list all customers with blue cars", not
>>>easy to say "list all monsters within shooting range", or "list all
>>>houses within 50 miles of me".
>>
>>What makes you say that?
>>
>>Select Shooter, Monster
>> From shooters, monsters
>>Where Distance(Shooter,Monster) < x;

> I am sorry I didn't spell the details out, I wasn't trying to be
> cryptic, but perhaps you should have recognized these queries, they are
> to spatial databases what supplier-parts are to the simpler relational
> world.
>
> You can't shoot monsters hiding in the cupboard or behind walls.

So? Change the query to exclude hidden monsters. You are a fucking idiot if you think a 'not exists' clause is difficult to write.

>>>I'm not talking about issues with "sql", I mean issues with the RM.
>>
>>But if the issues are an imaginary product of your own ignorance, you
>>won't convince many of us.

> The research is there, read it yourself, ... you work it out.

I have read that shit. Won Kim is an idiot. Just because a bunch of morons spout unsubstantiated horseshit is no excuse for you to repeat it in total ignorance.

Put up or shut up. If you think logic is inappropriate for handling temporal or spatial data, explain exactly why that is.

>>>Only certain kinds of data, it's not very good for: temporal, spatial,
>>>logic, oo, multimedia, unstructured and document libraries,
>>
>>Horseshit!

> Indeed. And I'm not in the slightest intimidated by your style of
> posting, it has made for some lively discussion I'll grant you that.

No, the invincibly ignorant never are.

> As for any computer science exchange, I was interested in hearing your
> views on the RM but mostly I'm hearing a lot of slagging, the noise to
> signal ratio is very high.

That's only because you are too ignorant to provide any signal. Do better. Received on Tue May 02 2006 - 08:40:21 CEST

Original text of this message