Re: THe OverRelational Manifesto (ORM)

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:52:11 GMT

Marshall Spight wrote:

> paul c wrote:
>

>>Marshall Spight wrote:

>>>I still don't like name-calling, though. I still think it's
>>>intellectually
>>>unnecessary, and I still think ad-hominem reasoning is
>>>logically invalid.
>>
>>A grand comparison compared to narrow db interests I'll admit, but WWII,
>>at least part of it, might not have happened if Neville Chamberlain had
>>been into ad-hominem logic instead of religious politeness.

> Many historians have searched for the true origins of the second
> world war. Anti-semitism, rising nationalism, and resentment over
> the treaty of Versailles have all been cited, but now we know
> that the true culprits were "please" and "thank-you."

I suggest you read _The Gathering Storm_ and _While England Slept_ -- both by Winston Churchill.

People who shared your secular religious convictions had frequent opportunities to stop Hitler before he became much of a threat. Their religious adherence to your morally bankrupt political correctness led directly to the deaths of millions of people and to the massive expenditure of many nations' treasure. I find those men immoral even if polite and well-meaning. Received on Fri Apr 21 2006 - 04:52:11 CEST

Original text of this message