Re: IDJIT! Your Data Model Can't Posssibly Work!

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_perFact.REMOVETHIS.info.INVALID>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:53:01 +0200

On 20 Apr 2006 00:19:35 -0700, strider5 wrote:

>Hi Hugo,
>
>What about your $1000 Neo still owes you? Or doesn't he?
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases/browse_frm/thread/12b848cea5304d66
>
>Strider5

Hi Strider5,

After a while, periodically reminding Neo of his debt stopped being funny.

I never expected to collect the reward anyway. The only reason I took on his challenge was (originally) the hope that he would stop spamming this group when proven wrond. (Forgive me my mistakes - I was at that time still quite new to this group).

I soon found out that there's no way to get Neo out of this group. But I still had lots of fun for a few weeks exposing all his mistakes and lies. When that stopped being fun, I let the thread die.

The year after, I amused myself by renminding Neo of this (to him quite disistrous) thread everytime he posted here. He even stopped posting for a while (probably not because of me, but it feels good to believe otherwise <g>). But in the end, the fun of that wore of as well.

Now, I usually skip threads initiated by Neo. Don't ask me why I made an exception for this one - I don't know. But when I saw Neo abusing the terms ORM and NIAM (my pet modeling methods) for his cause, clearly without understanding a single bit of what he was waffling about, I just *had* to jump in and set him straight.

Whatever similarites Neo's warped mind may have coonceived between conceptual modeling and his ideas, I don't know. In truth, conceptual modeling is about as far removed from whatever Neo now prefers to call his experimental bit bucket as the earth from the other end of the universe. But you probably already knew that :-)

Best, Hugo Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 22:53:01 CEST

Original text of this message