Re: IDJIT! Your Data Model Can't Posssibly Work!

From: Hugo Kornelis <hugo_at_perFact.REMOVETHIS.info.INVALID>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:09:28 +0200

On 19 Apr 2006 13:56:29 -0700, Neo wrote:

>What schema would you use for something like andriods who may need to
>represent things that are unimaginable?

Hi Neo,

None.

The basic idea of a schema is to define what information can be stored in the db and in what for, and what information to disallow because it confllicts with the constraints.

If the unlikely, the improbably and even the impossible should be allowed to be stored, RM, ORM, ER, UML, and any other modeling technique I should have included here can go out the window.

Best, Hugo Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 23:09:28 CEST

Original text of this message