Re: Reinventing the TransRelational Model?

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:35:32 GMT

Dan wrote:
> Actually, this is probably not reinventing TRM; the paper notes that
> these concepts have been addressed earlier, as early as 91'. That sure
> puts a dent on patent claims.

Although I have not investigated it deeply, Sybase IQ internals seem very much to exhibit the same flavours seen in that paper and the TRM to boot.

So I expect the TRM will spend a lot of time dodging the prior art bullet(s). As I have writ here before, I don't get why so called industry luminaries would hitch their star to something this flaky!

Cheers, Frank. Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 00:35:32 CEST

Original text of this message