Re: The stupidest design I ever saw

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:23:37 GMT

Marshall Spight wrote:
> topmind wrote:

>> Marshall Spight wrote:
[..]

> My take is that the Children of SGML have had such great success
> with document processing and especially with the web, that it's
> gone to their head. They have overgeneralized their techniques
> until they feel they have the right answer for structured data
> management. In fact, using XML to manage structured data
> makes about as much sense as doing document management
> in SQL.

The apparent simplicity is quite seductive. Its not the first time nor will it be the last that a beguiling technology has garnered a huge following of unwashed and even worse - types who should know better.

Its in the same vein as those sure bet investment schemes that guarantee twice the return of any other investment offering!

Its prolly good to be at least a quasi Buddhist at this point :-)

Cheers, Frank. Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 01:23:37 CEST

Original text of this message