Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:21:44 GMT

JOG wrote:

> In the area I work in, changes in cardinality and table schema are
> rife. Scientific data, especially the way we want to contextualize and
> record it, is changing constantly (this is one of the reasons that the
> hideous EAV model got so much funding). Perhaps I just have to accept
> structural and hence query change via the RM, but perhaps there is a
> solution that will suit my theoretic demands as well as being
> practically effective?
>
> I am interested in the validity, or the lack thereof, of any of these
> comments.

Ignoring your contrived example and focussing on the real problem: you are trying to cram too many things into one sentence in the first place.

Suppose you have a relation that records the observed facts for an experiment. Suppose you then decide to measure and record additional facts. You need a new relation because you have changed your experiment. Received on Tue Apr 11 2006 - 01:21:44 CEST

Original text of this message