Re: THe OverRelational Manifesto (ORM)

From: David Portas <REMOVE_BEFORE_REPLYING_dportas_at_acm.org>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 02:12:42 -0700

Like Bob, I couldn't find anything new. Maybe you could summarise exactly what problem you are trying to solve or what you think is
"missing" from existing descriptions of RM. I haven't figured it out
from your paper. Quote:

"the main requirement of ORM is the following: The value describing the
state of an entity of an enterprise must be represented as a set of relation values."

Why is that any different from a relational-valued attribute or indeed any other type that allows relational assignment? It seems to be covered by TTM - specifically that relation values are permitted as values in relations.

--
David Portas, SQL Server MVP

Whenever possible please post enough code to reproduce your problem.
Including CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements usually helps.
State what version of SQL Server you are using and specify the content
of any error messages.

SQL Server Books Online:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms130214(en-US,SQL.90).aspx