Re: Key attributes with list values was Re: What are the differences ...KEY

From: Bob Hairgrove <invalid_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:05:17 +0100

On 25 Feb 2006 08:53:28 -0800, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>This is one of the reasons to possibly identify a
>candidate key as the primary key and restrict it to a single (although
>possibly composite) value.

A single key with a composite value is generally known as an "intelligent key". If you google for this term, you will find lots of reasons why this is generally considered to be a bad idea. I won't repeat them here because it would be a waste of NG bandwidth.

--
Bob Hairgrove
NoSpamPlease_at_Home.com