Re: Key attributes with list values was Re: What are the differences ...KEY

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2006 09:21:27 -0800

Bob Hairgrove wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2006 08:53:28 -0800, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >This is one of the reasons to possibly identify a
> >candidate key as the primary key and restrict it to a single (although
> >possibly composite) value.
>
> A single key with a composite value is generally known as an
> "intelligent key".

I was not referring to an intelligent key. What I meant was a single candidate key which could be composed of multiple attributes (a composite candidate key?). I don't live inside the RM, so I tried to translate what I might call a "multipart key" and it sounds like I got it wrong. Sorry. --dawn Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 18:21:27 CET

Original text of this message