Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2006 14:52:48 -0800

dawn wrote:
> Marshall Spight wrote:
> > Instead I am simply asking for examples. Sort
> > of like, here's a problem I had once, and it was solved
> > with MV like this, and see how much harder the SQL
> > version of this solution is? Even the last is optional.
>
> It is complex enough that any example would be some tiny look. That is
> why I thought perhaps I should get an MV and SQL solution to the same
> problem in order to illustrate. But to answer your question, here is
> an example of a pattern that is repeated often that obviously could be
> solved by SQL systems (all examples I care about can be).

Have you ever seen a SQL database in your life, Dawn? Because you act like you never did. For some people just reading Date "Introduction into the Databases" is convincing enough. Others need a hands-on at the ad-hoc querying. Perhaps, it might be a good idea to download MySQL database and go through some basic tutorial?

P.S. I give you credit for the "naked model", but that's about the only entertainment in these threads. Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 23:52:48 CET

Original text of this message