Re: How are OO databases doing

From: Daniel Dittmar <daniel.dittmar_at_sap.corp>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:55:04 +0100

Christopher Browne wrote:

> I seem to recall SAP-DB having some sort of "object interface" inside
> that you could see some hooks for, here and there.

It wasn't that different from an C++ object database. Except that it was more designed to support specific applications rather than providing general C++ persistence.

> I also recall that nobody got around to documenting how to use it.
> Features that are "so valuable" usually get documented ;-).

It is documented (and valuable) inside SAP. We just weren't very keen on supporting it in the Open Source version.

Daniel Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 09:55:04 CET

Original text of this message