Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:01:48 -0000

> I agree there are people who are blind and can't see sqlserver will
> not have the same set of features as Oracle in even a hundred years

Does it need it? SQL Server has CLR which means it can be expanded infinitely.

> from now. Those people also prefer to be locked in by the Evil Empire,
> aka Microsoft, and show their slavery to this Empire by insisting on
> being rude and ignore Netiquette.

I've been in the industry over 19 years now starting on IBM mainframe of which I served 7 years.

Talk about 'evil empire'.

I am not a blind Microsoft advocate, remember right tool right job; but I will say one thing for Microsoft - they have completely opened up the field of IT and that to me is a good thing - just look at what's happend the BI, its now affordable at the 2 man company level; you get BI for free in the standard edition (2K).

The adolecent bitching of the other parts of your post show you to be somebody in their infancy within IT with little broad experience so I'll comment no further.

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP