Re: Reminder, blatant ad

From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:35:23 GMT

dawn wrote:
> Jan Hidders wrote:
>

>>dawn wrote:
>>
>>>I'd be happy for you to spell it out, Jan.  You are pro-RM and
>>>pro-XQuery, is that right?
>>
>>And pro-Pick, if that happens to be the best tool for the job at hand. ;-)

> And a politician too. A question, then, is when you think a non-RM
> model would be advisable.

That question is way to broad and over-simplifying so I cannot give a clear and meaningful anser to that. It's like asking 'when would you not use a hammer?'. Are we talking about about the RM as a data-model per se? Or as a data model at the external level of a DBMS? Or at the logical level of a DBMS? Are we talking about existing DBMSs or hypothetical ones? These are all different questions with different complex answers.

  • Jan Hidders