Re: Which are the best books for data structures and algorithms for database

From: <wtxwtx_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2006 18:30:54 -0800

Hi CELKO,
Certainly I would like to be the first reader of your book and I tried to find the exact book you want to write in the market.

I am also interested in the books that tells how DB2, Oracle and SQL Server do their searching, locking, sorting, memory allocating and other basic CPU operations and so on. Knuth' 3rd volumn "Sorting and Searching" seems to be outdated with modern database implementations.

But who can be qualified to write the book? Who must have the working experiences with the 3 big companies. Otherwise how do you know their internal technical details?

Weng Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 03:30:54 CET

Original text of this message