Re: Definitions of Software and Database

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2006 16:38:09 -0800

Bob Hairgrove wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2006 15:59:17 -0800, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Of course then we might have to define "thinking" ;-)
>
> Yep ... just another troll.
>
> >> That definition may be indistinguishable from ye lores of olden, but yet
> >> it is the plaine truthe.
> >
> >This would make a "data entry person" a software developer by
> >definition, right? Perhaps we can add an intent phrase, although I'm
> >not sure that changes it sufficiently:
> >
> >A software developer is a person who intentionally causes 0's and 1's
> >to be ordered in such a way as to bend a thinking stone to obey their
> >will.
>
> Yep ... just another troll.

Marshall, David, x, JOG, Frank, mAsterdam, other fine folks... Could anyone let Bob know I'm not a troll. Fabian Pascal calls me stupid and ignorant, but not (so far) a troll. We all have our limits and I don't take kindly to being told I'm not welcome in the discussion. Thanks. --dawn Received on Mon Feb 06 2006 - 01:38:09 CET

Original text of this message