Re: Reminder, blatant ad

From: Leif B. Kristensen <junkmail2_at_solumslekt.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:10:40 +0100

dawn skrev:

> Perhaps we need to define developer. I am calling anyone who is
> developing software a "developer." Perhaps we need to define
> software?
> It is everything "stored on" a computer that is not hardware. Does
> that work for you? That would be "soft stuff" that can change,
> compared to the hardware. I haven't thought long and hard about that
> definition, but that is how I perceive it.

That definition would of course aso include the "end user" who only punches data into a shrink-wrapped software package. In my view, a "developer" should be one who is making software. You may of course include the end users who produce nifty macros to facilitate daily work. The border is certainly a fluid one. Most of us have started as "end users", I guess.

--
Leif Biberg Kristensen
http://solumslekt.org/