Re: How to search?

From: MinZero <akiany_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2006 11:41:56 -0800

> And I'm sorry to come across as a bit terse, but I think I'm getting
> what you want now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you want a

No hard feelings :)

> LIKE %insert_string_here% clause on every field of every table (the
> pertinent tables, I mean) while restricting the result to a
> Company_Name?

True. I was aware of the LIKE clause, but I was hopping to get away with it.

> Sounds like 'Google' in a handbasket. I'd like that also, but haven't
> had much time to look into the solutions provided. They are out there,
> though.

'Google' in a hand basket sounds about right. A given solution I found just recently is Tsearch2. I am looking into it as we speak.

> Also, are you stuck with the existing schema? Do you have existing
> data that's important to preserve?

I am in the planning phase and I am not stuck with any constraints.

Thanks,
Mike Received on Fri Jan 06 2006 - 20:41:56 CET

Original text of this message