Re: General Graphs in SQL

From: Paul <paul_at_see.my.sig.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:10:25 +0000

"-CELKO-" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> My favorite example was a "unreturned U-Haul" node and a "bought
> fertiizer" node in the crime reports. Their product then returns a
> network with the renter and the buyer, shows us they are blood-related,
> did prison time together and both visited a dam last week. Red Flag!!

Poisoning the good burghers of NY? I can understand the rental (credit card), fertiliser (cc again), but how are the police supposed to find out who visited a dam on a given day?

> The NYPD looks for matching patterns and returns a result when they
> have three or more similar crimes with this tool. They also do
> business with the NSA.

Do the US authorities keep info on library books?

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.1.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.