Re: Nested Sets vs. Nested Intervals

From: <amado.alves_at_netcabo.pt>
Date: 11 Nov 2005 06:21:42 -0800

The Mneson Calculus is just a query language. At least as presented so far. Note these things are a bit in flux. To manipulate the graph the primitives are Connect (x, y), Disconnect (x, y) with the obvious semantics. With these primitives any graph may be constructed. With the Mneson Calculus any selection may be retrieved. Together with the topologies for semantic structures these form the underpinnings of Mneson. A host of languages can be created upon them. My personal prototype of Mneson is an Ada library. Then I use Ada normally, to glue querying and construction when needed, and make applications.

<<... what I see is a graph
model virtually indistinguishable from the Codasyl network model with all the usual problems, like application dependency, navigational quering, lack of query algebra, etc. (as are XML "model", RDF and other

proposals of the kind). >>

Then you see problems that do not exist, sorry. Clearly you are still very under the Myth. Received on Fri Nov 11 2005 - 15:21:42 CET

Original text of this message