Re: I am looking for references on updatable views

From: <arthernan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2005 18:40:04 -0700

>look up Serge Rielau's papers
>
>INSTEAD OF Triggers - All Views are Updatable
>
>Updatable UNION ALL Views in DB2 Universal Database Version 8

I tried that but I found articles on the new changes to DB2.

Many databases now do have "instead of" triggers. Which allow the database programmer to do whatever they want. And that is fine.

I wanted to see what were some possible common ways to update a database from a view, given that there was no data loss when producing the view result set. And if there was data loss, that "reasonable" assuptions could be made.

Reasonable is an important word in the previous paragraph. I hope for constructive interpretations. Reasonable assumptions could be a rewrite of database rules.

I have not had a chance to look at Date's writings.

Arturo Hernandez Received on Thu Oct 06 2005 - 03:40:04 CEST

Original text of this message