Re: Conceptual, Logical, and Physical views of data

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 07:43:47 -0700

David Cressey wrote:
> There's some disagreement about whether index design is part
> of the logical or physical design. I choose to include index
> design in the logical model, but very reluctantly.

Really? I'm surprised. Since indexes are performance-enhancements and don't affect the semantics of queries at all, I would put them squarely in the physical. What's your reasoning?

Marshall

PS. As performance enhancments, should they be sold via spam email? :-) Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 16:43:47 CEST

Original text of this message