Re: Advice on SQL and records

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2005 13:21:19 -0700

Paul wrote:
> "Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't agree that we could visualize just as easily horizontally
> > as vertically. Consider the spreadsheet, which works just as well
> > with a horizontal as vertical layout, and yet how many spreadsheets
> > have you seen that use the one format over the other?
>
> That's down to our writing system - if we had adopted some Asian form
> of writing, we might be more comfortable with up-down rather than
> side-2-side.

Certainly, but that doesn't affect my statement. I didn't mean "we" as in some proto-human of arbitrary cultural background; I meant "we" as in "the actual people we have here in this newsgroup." They all write left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

Marshall Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 22:21:19 CEST

Original text of this message