Re: Advice on SQL and records

From: Paul <>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:12:31 +0100

"Marshall Spight" <> wrote:

> I don't agree that we could visualize just as easily horizontally
> as vertically. Consider the spreadsheet, which works just as well
> with a horizontal as vertical layout, and yet how many spreadsheets
> have you seen that use the one format over the other?

That's down to our writing system - if we had adopted some Asian form of writing, we might be more comfortable with up-down rather than side-2-side.

If we had all remained Jews, then we might have had our spreadsheets going right-2-left rather than l-2-r.

Out of curiousity, what do the Arab and Hebrew versions of Excel do?

> Marshall

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, (Enterprise Ed.)

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Furthermore, as a courtesy to those who spend
time analysing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.