Re: Advice on SQL and records

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:57:59 -0700

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:21:44 GMT, "David Cressey" <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Paul" <paul_at_test.com> wrote in message

[snip]

>> I might start calling SQL rows "records" all the time now, just to annoy
>> the language purists! :)
>
>Hee, hee. I love it, regardless of whether I agree or not. The language
>police should always be given a hard time, else we will all end up with
>newspeak.

     I prefer to have clear meanings. There have been too many arguments here that have been due to differences or misuses in terminology. When you insist that any word is as appropriate as any other, you lose meanings. Newspeak lost a lot of meanings, too.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Tue Aug 23 2005 - 11:57:59 CDT