Re: SQL Humor

From: Mike Labosh <mlabosh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:29:20 -0400

> Not the developer, the data entry person who is probably an end user
> these days. The DB guy's job is to add a constaint like
> "CHECK (TRIM (BOTH foobar) = UPPER (foobar))" to the column on his
> side. Now how often have you seen Newbies go to that trouble?

Quite.

Last week I discovered a record in our "City" table called "A** HOLE" linked to a "CompanyLocation" record called "F*** YOU" and had a contact at that location named after some 1970's British speed-punk band, who was in charge of IBM mainframe products like "EAT SH**"

I have also come across contacts with names like "[TYPE CONTACT NAME HERE]" and "#Error" (That's the funny one. #Error is what you get when you're in MS Access and there's a data binding issue)

Working here is like living inside a Salvador Dali or MC Escher painting.

--
Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD
"Musha ring dum a doo dum a da!" -- James Hetfield