Re: SQL Humor

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2005 10:17:34 -0700

Another source for quote of the week.

Although the author is unfair emphasizing that DBA has to be aware char vs varchar2 difference. The character string types in SQL are just plain silly. For how long ordinary programming languages have [a single] type String [with unlimited bounds] already? Also when did you design a database schema with char datatype last time? In a word, there is not a single advantage of char over varchar2. Therefore, char is not even worth mentioned, and should just be deprecated: there are to many really important things on DBA plate.