Semiotics

From: David Cressey <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:26:53 GMT

If semiotics is all about writers like Humberto Eco, then it's a little far afield even for my tastes.

Now, if Eco had written about say, how we name data, I might have read him a little more.

Let's say that Humberto Eco wrote a paper on practical considerations to consider when choosing a primary key for a table, if there is more than one suitable candidate key. I probably would have read such a paper.

Then again, if Humberto Eco had written a paper on this subject, he might have entitled it "The name of the rows." (little joke). Received on Sat Aug 13 2005 - 17:26:53 CEST

Original text of this message